Forrest and Arianna Leavitt

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tim and Utah!!!




So the Tim Mcgraw concert was Amazing and we LOVED it! He sang all of our fav. songs and it was way fun!
We went to Utah this last Thursday with Calli and Richard and it was really fun. We went with them because Richard had a missionary companion come home and we went to listen to his homecoming talk. We drove up on Thursday and went to the dunes first off. The boys were super excited to go and lets just say that I wasn't the biggest fan of all of the jumps and hills and all that fun stuff...but I tried it and now I can say that I have been to the dunes.

We went to Salt Lake on Friday and went to the temple and toured temple square. I have been to Salt Lake before but I have never been able to go in the temple until this trip. That temple seriously lives up to everything that people say about it. It was absolutely beautiful inside and it is truly a work of some very special pioneers.

It is amazing to me that they were able to do what they did in that temple with what they had to work with. I have always been amazed with the pioneers and all that they had to endure and what they accomplished. They were some magnificent men and women that loved our Savior so much that they came so far to have religious freedom in Utah. I was born on July 24th and so I have always had a special place for Utah and pioneers and have loved learning about them. We went to the tabernacle and the beehive house and the conference center and the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was my favorite day of the trip and so fun to be there with my friends and husband. :)  While we were at the Joseph Smith memorial building we stopped by a pretty cool restaurant and decided to eat there...ever heard of The Roof Restaurant?!?!? SO DELICIOUS! It was a blast getting to eat there because I have always heard about it and seen it in movies but never been there...it was the best restaurant I have ever been to and it was so fun!

Our View from the table.....


On Saturday we went to the town where the elder was from and it was called Mount Pleasant. It was a very small but very adorable place and it was about 20 miles from the Manti Temple. We were able to go to the Manti Temple and do sealings and that was another wonderful experience. That temple was also very beautiful and we got to see the spiral staircases that they have there. There are two staircases, one that goes clockwise and one that goes counter-clockwise and they each make I think they said five complete circles leading up to the top of the temple. They were so tall and so beautiful! We loved this temple and had a great time in the town the rest of the weekend. We are grateful to Calli and Richard for inviting us and putting up with us :) We had a blast and loved Utah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am SO jealous! I love Tim, and would LOVE to see him in concert!

    ReplyDelete